The Medium Arkansas Stone is the best general purpose sharpener of all the natural Arkansas Stones. This 6” Medium Arkansas Stone is mounted on a molded plastic base to make sharpening safe and easy. It is excellent for sharpening pocket knives, hunting and fishing knives, kitchen knives, and tools of all sizes, large or small.
- 6" Medium Arkansas Stone Sharpens Larger Knives and Tools
- Plastic Lid protects the stone
- Non-slip rubber feet
- Stone Size: 6" x 1 5/8" x 3/8" / Medium Arkansas
- Grit: 600 Grit
- Put a small amount of Smith's Honing Solution on your stone.
- Place your blade on the end of the stone at the desired sharpening angle.
- Push the blade away from you just like you were trying to cut a thin slice off the top of the stone. Use moderate pressure, let the stone do the work. Repeat this pushing stroke 3 or 4 times. Try to maintain the same approximate angle with each stroke. This is the key to obtaining the sharpest edge.
- Sharpen the other side of the blade by placing your blade across the opposite end of your stone and repeat previous steps, this time pushing the blade toward you.
- Continue these steps until you feel your blade is truly sharp.
- Cleaning your stones will keep the pores free of stone and metal particles. After each use, the Arkansas stones should be cleaned by scrubbing vigorously with water, liquid soap, and a stiff nylon brush.